On a Mac using Photos
- In the Photos app, select the photos and videos you want to share.
- Click the Share button in the toolbar, click iCloud Photo Sharing, then click New Shared Album.
- Type a name for the shared album, then type the email addresses of the people you want to share the album with.
If you want subscribers to be able to view the shared album from an iOS device, be sure to use the email addresses associated with their accounts.
- Click Create.
Note: To let invitees add their own photos and videos to your shared stream, open a shared album, click the Collaborate button in the toolbar, then Select Subscribers Can Post. To share your album on the web, select Public Website. After you select Public Website, the shared album’s web address appears.
On your iOS device (iOS 8 or later)
- In the Photos app, tap Shared at the bottom of the screen, then tap the Add button at the top-left.
- Enter a name for your Shared Album, then tap Next.
- Invite people to subscribe by entering their email addresses or tapping the Add button to select from your contacts, then tap Create.
- To let invitees add their own photos and videos to your shared album, tap the album in the Shared Albums list, tap People, then turn on Subscribers Can Post.
- To make a website of your shared album, turn on Public Website. To send the shared album’s web address to friends, tap Share Link.
On a Windows computer
- Open File Explorer (Windows 8 or later) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7), then select iCloud Photos.
- Click “New shared album” in the toolbar.
- Invite people to subscribe by entering their email addresses, then name your new shared album.
- To let people view your shared album on the web, select the public website option.
- Click Next, then drag photos or videos to the dialog that appears, or click “Choose photos or videos.”
- Click Done.
Your invitees receive an email and a notification asking them to join or subscribe to your shared album. Invitees using an iOS device or a Mac with OS X 10.8 or later also receive invitations in Notification Center.
Invitees using Apple TV can accept shared photo album invitations, view shared albums, like photos, and read comments about photos.
Note: If you selected the public website option for your shared album and want to know the shared album’s web address, open the shared album on your Windows computer, then click Info in the toolbar.